Hello drivers, lets talk about fuel. Fuel, whether gasoline or diesel, is delivered to your car, truck, SUV, minivan, or fleet vehicle engine to be burned to generate the power needed to keep you moving. This fuel leaves a residue as it moves through your fuel system. This may not seem like much, but it can cause big problems. Gum and varnish build up inside fuel lines, your throttle body and injectors. It’s like plaque build-up in your arteries – it restricts the free flow of fuel and can even clog your vehicle fuel injectors.
A customer came into the shop with their temperature warning light on with their car over heating and in a panic. After it cooled down, we discovered the water pump was leaking and needed to be replaced. Water pumps do wear out as they pump the coolant that cools the engine while its running. We also checked the radiator hoses, serpentine belt, and tensioner which were okay, but did note that the coolant needed to be changed which many customers do not associate with engine maintenance.
My customers have been asking for more information on synthetic oil and how it affects their engine. Basically the inside of your engine gets really hot because of friction from the moving parts and from burning fuel. Oil lubricates the moving parts to keep them from getting too hot.
For all of your automotive needs, depend on Ken Davis Auto Repair in Ocala, FL to keep you on the road.
- Computer diagnostics - foreign and domestic
- Brake services / new brakes
- Transmission repair
- Oil lubrication
- Alignment service
- Shocks and struts
- Air conditioning and cooling systems
- Exhausts and mufflers
- Belts and hoses and more!
ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIANS
Know the advantages of trusting only ASE Certified automotive technicians. FIND OUT MORE
JASPER ENGINES & TRANSMISSIONS
1. PROVEN, Industry leader since 1942 with engines and transmissions throughout the USA. Pioneering 75 years of leadership in the automotive remanufacturing industry.
2. QUALITY, JASPER remanufactured products exceed factory specifications and improve OEM inherent design flaws with updated parts and precise machining.
3. TESTED, Live run computer assisted testing to assure trouble free performance and peace of mind for the automotive customer who depends on it.
3 YEAR | 100,000 MILE NATIONWIDE PARTS & LABOR WARRANTY