CRM Mitchell1 2021-10-08T22:05:21+00:002013 Jeep Wrangler CRM Mitchell1 2021-10-08T22:05:21+00:00
- Remove drivers door panel, replace broken wiring in door.
- Locate switches, relays and wiring. Study the circuits, and pinpoint test. Found weak ground, traced to a poor installation. The ground wire was attached between the plastic of the dash and aluminum frame. Plastic and oxidized aluminum are not great conductors of electricity. Relocated the ground. After doing all this, we found driver door window to be inoperative with the door closed. The door harness had a break. Removed panel and repaired harness.
- Ignition intermittently sticks when rotating to off. Sometimes there is a no crank and if you re- cycle the key it will crank. Scan codes p0128 thermostat rationality. once when this occured the starter relay did not have ground from the TIPM. Could not duplicate again while testing the switch output. After some testing, we noted that if you pulled on the harness at ignition switch while in a no crank state it would crank.
- Removed radio to check power and ground inputs. All is good. Radio does not power on, suspect failed unit. To be noted, there are aftermarket add ons (mic GPS, etc..) so the wiring is "spaghetti" in the dash.
- Includes Inspections of: Brakes, Exhaust, Radiator Cooling System, A/C/Heating, Battery, Ignition, Tires, Belts & Hoses, Suspension. Also includes checking fluid levels on Motor Oil, Transmission Fluid, Brake Fluid & Power Steering Fluid.
- Test and diagnose intermitant no start condition
- IGNITION SWITCH – Remove & Replace – Tilt Column
Peter S. gave our service a 5 star review on 10/7/2021